PAC.ED/SSD Parent Advisory Council
The Ferguson-Florissant School District PAC (Parent Advisory Committee) was formed to advocate for awareness, understanding, equity, and inclusion for all children with disabilities in FFSD. Parent Advisory Council of Educational Diversity (PAC.ED) is a volunteer organization made up of parents, staff, Special School District (SSD), administrators, and community members. PAC.ED representatives communicate regularly and directly with SSD and FFSD administrators about the needs and interests of students who have IEPs and 504 plans.
PAC.ED helps families:
- Network and communicate with other families.
- Provides support for families, including access to relevant information, training, and emotional support.
- Improves communication and partnership between SSD and local partnering school districts.
- Collaborates with Ferguson-Florissant School District and Special School District of St. Louis County (SSD) for the betterment of education, equity, and inclusion in the District.
- Creates positive awareness and understanding of students with disabilities.
Executive Committee 2021-2022
La Toya Nelson, Local PAC President
Ferguson-Florissant Special Education Office
FFSD Special Education Liaison
Dr. Jana Parker
Dr. Shanise Terrell